BC9696

Hitch Extender

6 posts in this topic

I picked up a hitch basket for $25. at a garage sale today (looks new/unused) but even when I extended the bar that goes into the receiver, it is too tight to fold up w/o hitting the Jeep and truck. I need alittle more room, about a 3-4" extension for the Jeep, about 10-12" for the truck. Is there a strong receiver extender that is adjustable or do I need to buy two different extenders?post-3-1264355568.jpg

A fab shop can do that easy. I wouldn't extend your receiver, I would fabricate a new tube to insert into the receiver the parts would only be about 20 bucks.

if the tube that goes into the reciever unbolts at that pivot just cut a longer peice and drill it for the pins.....other wise i could make u a extention from old tubeing at work for free...but i see ur in oc

Walmart has extensions to fix your problem.They are a very nice room addition, I added a custom one to my 5th wheel and set my generator on it.Allen

Walmart? Really! huh...I'll go look. The extension will give me the room I need to fold em on on both vehicles plus it will work as a step for my truck tent. Thanks!

BC,go down to Sanly's muffler behind denny's off of Pico and ask JR to make what you want for you he is a good guy and will make up your extensions for you...tell him Dave Burris said HI and sent you!Dave B