bzzrd feedr

Monterey Salmon 7/19

7 posts in this topic

We went out Monday and it wasn't great but 4 of us caught 4 fish, the 2 in the pic are 28# and 26#,the other two were dinks. Caught a bunch of silvers that had to go back. Heard on the radio of a 50# caught at Soquel hole and saw a pic of it on baysides site. Nice to get out of the heat and I hated to come back last night. Couldn't help myself with throwing in the sunset from my lot where I'm building over there.parhamstyeeinmonterey002.jpgmonterey7-06007.jpg

That's great. Tthe water looks flat did it stay that way all day?

Yep the bay was really nice. Monday there was a little wind and fog outside but when we got back to the dock we were all in tshirts with sun. The rest of the Tues. and Wed. no fog no wind highs around 72'

awesome chromers there! here was my biggest this summer. 55lbs on a flyrod but im spoiled when it comes to salmon here. I don't mean to detract for your catch, those are VERY nice looking fish! What do you catch them on? we troll herring in the ocean but flyfish in the rivers. I weighed mine in for the derby and gave it away.kingsolo.jpg

Nice fish Tundra and welcome. We usually mooch a anchovie or if we troll will use a RSK or just a plain anchovie or a Apex lure. The salmon here aren't as big as the big boys up there but they eat good out of the salt compared to the river fish. I use to be partners in a lodge on the Kenai upriver from Soldotna. The lodge record was 86#. We used to have a ball fishing up there without a guide when they couldn't fish.