Dannyboy

Can you identify these weird thingies?

10 posts in this topic

First off, hi! My name's Daniel and I just recently became interested in hunting, so I've be researching, taking practice hunting saftey tests, oh and I just bought a compound bow/arrows/release/case setup off of craigslist. Included in the case were two mysterious objects that are un-named. Since they have no identifying serial numbers or engraved text, Google wasn't much good, so I turn to you.They are right angle 1/4 inch aluminum shafts with points at both ends... 2010-01-21065711.jpgPerhaps some sort of divining rod system? 2010-01-21065816.jpgMaybe 2 hooks for hanging your animal before skinning?2010-01-21070832.jpgAny thoughts?Oh and if these turn out to be unrelated to archery, sorry for wasting your time.

Those are for knitting on the stand once you have nailed your quarrey and are waiting before the search begins. :signlol2iu: How about holding a target up against a foam block or stakes for a tent-type blind?? Just guesses....

Those are quite obviously divining rods. You walk through the woods with them, and when the rods cross over each other that is the spot where you set up your stand.No - really they are target pins used to hold cardboard on to hay bails.

Divining rods ,used to find your arrows . And for cooking marshmellows. Danny do not worry about wasting our time we do it all the time.

Those weren't originally made for pinning targets up but they would work for that. They were actually used on square ethafoam targets that were popular 15 to 20 years or so ago. The way they worked was the short part was stuck into the top of the ethafoam and the long part stuck into the dirt behind it to hold the target up. Hope that makes sense.

Old school bow rest for when you're retrieving your arrows from the target. Set them inches apart (depending on your bow) and lay bow horizontally across them.

all the above B):signs1180lq: