kzink

suv or truck

48 posts in this topic

A key factor is where you will take it and if you ever intend to sleep in it! The Jeeps are reliable and will work better in some situation (like areas that have a lot of moondust) but don't expect to sleep in it comfortably. I also like the ability lock everything up in the Jeep and the trailer hitch basket solves the carrying issue. The truck is also nice and every real man should have one. You can get a hard cover or a tent for it and be quite comfortable sleeping in it but there are some places a big truck won't fit so consider carefully where you intend to go in it.post-3-1278516946.jpgpost-3-1278516952.jpg

Yes nice tent Bruce has but alas no snoring insulation was installed and by the campfire well lets say it was entertaining sat night no crickets could be heard :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

MinePicture006-2.jpgand mine (Just bought this on Sat) 2010 Dodge 1500 4x4 with the 5.7. This thing is 390 hp stock :drool: Need to add a leveling kit and little bit bigger tiresnewtruck.jpg

you dumped the Chevy for a dodge!A truck makes a good hunting rig the bed come's in handy you can load up a quad and haul afew deer hogs elk bear etc but not all at once.

Still have the Chevy, for a bit longer. It's a lease. This was my 3rd chevy and I always loved Chevy, but I just did not care for this one as much. I'm giving dodge a try this time.

i have 89 toyota 4x4 extra cab v6 will post pics later it has small lift 33 tires ausie locker in the rear warn winch camper shell i can sleep in it, it is practical

When did you get that??

You can't even haul a weekends worth of beer in a jeep let alone all of your clothes and camping gear. I hunted with a guy who had a stout old suburban and it was just about a perfect hunting rig, except that once we shot a deer the tick infested sucker had to ride inside with us all the way back to camp, and that kreeped me out! I think a pick-up with a shell is about the slickest way to go. If it rains your stuff stays dry, if you show up late and don't feel like putting up a tent you can crash out in the back, and if you tag a hog or deer it doesn't have to ride inside the cab with you.

I think a pick-up with a shell is about the slickest way to go.
That's why I sold my Jeep Grand Cherokee to Bruce and bought this.Lincoln1-1.jpg

You betcha, that's what 4x4's are for. But I have to say, carefully.

Lynn, are you sure that thing has 4 wheel drive? Better just use it on county maintained, graded dirt roads! Sorry but that thing is way too luxurious looking to want to get dirty or rock chipped! :lol:

well here it is my new hunting rig a 94 4runner lift coming soon its sitting in my garage just need a longer brake linephoto2.jpg

4runners are great. I have to sell my wife's last one (choice between it and my truck) and I hate to sell it. 6 or 4? FYI, the 3.0 6s don't have a very good reliability reputation.

This is my hunting rig its to BIG and turns like chit.Ive been looking for a tacoma like Jeffs for weeks now.Ill keep the crew cab but need a hunting rig.post-3-1289257250.jpgHere what im going to build but extra cab and smaller roof top tentpost-3-1289257302.jpgpost-3-1289257306.jpgHeres the bed rack and side pic,this is bad azz.Ill have to build the bed rack alittle taler to put a dog box under for old one eyepost-3-1289257352.jpgpost-3-1289257356.jpgHeres old one eye my bird hunting partner.post-3-1289257402.jpg

Why do you want to have a tent that is attacthed to the back of the truck that way? If you want to set up camp, then you can't use the truck? Also, it is so high, it is a real problem in the wind.

The thing about roof top tents is you leave all your bedding in them when you fold it up and it only takes acouple mins to open or close.We use one acouple years ago chasing at the baja 1000,we got to where we were piting and opened it up so one guy could get some sleep and the others would stay up tell the car got there and then close it and we were gone again 32hrs straight to La paz.