Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Portagee_Shooter

Which rings should I get?

10 posts in this topic

I'm getting ready to mount a new scope on my flat top AR-15. Its a 50mm objective with 30mm tube. There are a lot of options out there. I'm not interested in a quick release type necessary for tactical style AR's since this is primarily a varmint/coyote gun. So what kind of rings do you like for this set up and why? what are you using?

Hay PS, check out the Burris AR-P.E.P.R. one piece AR mount, MidWay has them on sale for $70.00. I have two of them, they fit and work great. ,,,300wsm

for the non-quick release type, go with Seekins Precision. I have a set and love them. Theyre pricey (109 shipped) but damn worth it. Check out Liberty Optics and talk to Scott. Tell him Marcelo sent you.

Are the Seekins Precision $109 for a pair or for each ring?Gonna have to go two piece. Luckily my LGS has em in stock so I'll be mounted and bore sighted tomorrow!!!

Two piece....the Burris Tactical rings are heavy duty and don't cost an arm and a leg....Midway has them.

I ended up using a pair they had at my LGS and they were the only rings they had on hand that fit. No idea what brand but they work. Here's a not great pic with the Hi-Lux mounted and bore sited. Can't wait to get out and shoot it...maybe tomorrow AM.

post-2214-1262294959_thumb.jpg

Rock River Arms has a nice one I used, called the high rise. Nice and solid