Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alec

Best Johnny Stewart Sounds for Local Coyotes

11 posts in this topic

I just bought a PM-4 E-caller (Ebay). I have a couple of places to hunt Coyotes. A ranch in Marin County that has some Brush Rabbits ( a small type of Cottontail ), and other spots in Norther California that that have Jack Rabbits. The Coyotes seem to crashed the deer herd and were going to try to eliminate some of them this winter. The sounds that were included on the 3 memory cards are : card BC-1 Rodent- Distress, Squealing Bird, Meadowlark, Bobcat in Heat, card CY2 High Pitched Cottontail, Canine Pupies,Yellowhammer Woodpecker, Coyote Pup Distress, card GP2 Canine Pups, Kid Goat Distress, Pleading Chicken, Whitetail Fawn Distress. I noticed that 3 of the sounds are similar. Canine Puppies, Canine Pups, and Coyote Pup Distress. I also am takeing advantage of the "get a free Extra Memory Card "promotion that Hunter Specialties has going on now where if you buy an PM-4 caller during certain dates you get a free card. It saposed to take 8-10 weeks. I orderd their CY-3 which has Vittles A'la Jack Rabbit, Grown Cottontail Distress, Wild Pigglet Distress, and Coyote Locator. Could you other members tell me which sounds you have had sucess and which you havent. Also I'm stuck with only the 3 cards for a while until the CY-3 comes. Thanks Alec

I have had the best luck with old Frankie Valli tapes or Bee Gees songs. I think the yotes really love the falsetto notes. Last hunt, I played "Jive Talkin" and within 2-minutes I had 4 yotes charge in and attack my Alvin the chipmunk decoy..

"I orderd their CY-3 which has Vittles A'la Jack Rabbit, Grown Cottontail Distress"Those two sounds are all you need. They have probably called in more coyotes than the others combined.

+1 to that.

Lightning Jack distress and puppy cries. Lightning Jack has brought in a few coyotes and one large bobcat. The puppy cries brought in a grey fox. My two favorites.

Lightning Jack distress and puppy cries. Lightning Jack has brought in a few coyotes and one large bobcat. The puppy cries brought in a grey fox. My two favorites.
foxpro sounds

Braz these e-callers are going to put you out of business, only chance is for your calls to go in a display cases!!

Heck, anyone who goes out with ONLY an e-caller, without a few hand calls too, has never heard of the dead battery syndrome. :signlol2iu:

Well I guess there is still a few of us old timers that still use hand calls so your safe for a while.