Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
woodsman44

Sierra rainbows

11 posts in this topic

I finally made it out, 4 days before rivers closed for the season to get a few last cast's in at my favorite river.Backpack on, six shooter on, food , water and lots of hiking. I new I was going to have to cross the river a few times, so had to were shorts, water socks, and T-shirt in case I slip and had to swim for it....wait, November, shorts and teva's?....Yes, and let me tell you that water was cold, just over the knee's....OUCH....but well worth it!First cast I got a big hit, then nothing...walked a bit farther then crossed river, fish on, 10in. rainbow on shore. They were biteing pretty hard for a cloudy, almost rainy day. Walked down to next rapid area, bam, fish on..12 1/4 in bow..it fought like crazy, took awile to get him to shore.Hooked up about 10 rainbows, so crossing 4 times was worth it. Made my way back to were I got that BIG hit and hooked him up...heart pounding...12 3/4 bow...wow, dont usally catch trout in this river over 11in....coolHooked up about 10 that day, keeped 2, with a lot of good memories...this should keep me till next April.Click on You tube link at bottomWalk the staight and narrow....

Very nice Scott! cold water fish! That's what I'm talking about! Btw, the underwater camera shots were very crisp and good!

Very nice!!!

Thanks big mac, that was the first time I used that camera underwater.The video is very clear too....thumbs up on the canon!
Reminds me of my days fishing the N Fork of the Yuba!

Thanks, Im very pleased with the camera so far. Next year when the water is wamer, Im going to dive down in some deep river and stream pools....take pics and video....camera is rated down to 33ft.