Sign in to follow this  
Big Ty

Hand Calls

Which hand calls do you think are vital in coyote calling? I have a primos howler and a coyote bear buster. I'm looking at other calls but which ones are a staple in your arsenal? Brands and models would be great. Thanks for the info.

I just bought one of Braz's howler's,haven't got it yet. Last week I bought one of Les Johnson's call Huffidawg and called in 2-bobcats and 1 yote at one stand,it sounds great. I have been using the standard Crit'r call the last ten years,it also sounds great. Good luck,Troy

I just bought one of Braz's calls, haven't got it yet but have used Primos Hot dog, Mini mag howler, jack and have been using the 3 n 1 pocket call. It's cool, has 3 sounds on it, just turn the barrel for a jack, cotton tail or coaxer.

But I'll bet you and your boy have those calls tomorrow Alan.

Braz does make some great stuff but our open and closed reed calls and howlers are very effective too. Jeeeezzzeee guys, cut me a break here....LOL

Which hand calls do you think are vital in coyote calling?
Truthfully, you really only need one. I'd get a closed reed jackrabbit or cottontail call (they both work equally well). Braz makes good one as does CA dez dog. If you go to allpredatorcall.com they have a huge assortment as well. For a lot of years I used Dan Thompsons calls (still do). I'd leave the howler in the truck. Just keep it simple. Quietly walk to a spot you can see around you a bit. Sit down and blow the call for 15-20 seconds, look around and repeat. This recipe has called in thousands of critters thru the years. Reading these sites can WAAAY over complicate a pretty simple thing.

I haven't used the howler in the field yet because I don't feel my calling with it is good enough yet. I have used my coyote bear buster and I have that down pretty good. My rabbit calls I think are pretty right on. I haven't had a day of ideal weather yet(windy, rainy,snowing). I think I will get one of Braz's calls before too long. Thanks for the advice everybody. I can't wait to post my pics someday. Still working like hell.Ty