Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sagedog

Made another knife

27 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I made another knife, check it out. Took me a while, I had to build my forge first (i'll post pics and video of that in a bit). This one's made out of 1080 high carbon steel with Ipe (hard south american wood) handles, brick red spacers and brass pins. The blade has a hand rubbed satin finish. Just over 4" blade, 9" total length. Learned alot making this one, definately will do some things differently in the future. Let me know what you think, honest criticizms welcome.DSC_0006.jpgDSC_0017.jpgDSC_0008.jpgDSC_0012.jpgDSC_0026.jpgDSC_0022.jpgDSC_0021.jpgThanks for lookingEric

very nice..the next knife you make, you should put a lanyard hole in it..other than that, looks good!!glenn

Looks fantastic Nice work. Robert

Very, very nice. I can well imagine how many painstaking hours you have put into that. It shows through the clean, simple lines. Well done mate.

That is a very nice looking and functional knife. It's not too fancy and will make an excellent hunting and skinning knife. I like the red insert it sort of sets it off. :good:

Nice work.

Nice, you going to start selling them. If you do P.M. with a price. I'll be looking for a new knife that I can use on some bobcat pelts.

Thanks for the kind words fellas. Glenn, deffinately will go with a lanyard hole on future knives. I thought about doing it on this one, but didn't have any tube to use and couldn't wait to get started.Troy, the plan is to start selling them in a while. Still in the learning phase right now, and I'll be moving in a couple of weeks so that will keep me out of the shop :lol: . I see you're in Bako. When I get settled maybe you could come on over and we'll work out a design.Thanks guysEric

That looks really good! I wish I had the time or concentration to do that. My ADD would probably kick in and I'd never finish it, lol. Nice work!

Yup, epoxy. The pins actually fit very tightly in the wood. When I did my "dry fit" I had to get a little creative in how to pull it back apart without messing up the finish on the wood. Later on I'm planning on getting some corby bolts that go together with a flathead screwdriver, then are ground down and look just like pins. Still throw epoxy in there to keep moisture out.

looks very nice and comfortable in the hand.

ok let me be the first to say there's one thing wrong with the knife . . . . . . . "IT'S NOT MINE" ! ! ! :P:D:D:D:) nice looking knife can't wait to see more of your work . . . .

Why would you say it looks like it couldn't get an edge?

Hey Nalgi, good to see you over here. How's the rash/fungus? When we shoot on Tuesday, you'll have to tell me again how the doctor almost vomited when you dropped your shorts. Did the cream he prescribed help at all?

Nice knife. I would buy that right now. Keep me in mind when you do start selling. My favorites are just like that. Keep up the good work.