Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slon

Going varmint hunting this weekend. Anyone wants to join?

4 posts in this topic

This weekend I`m going varmint hunting to Mendocino NF with Letts Lake Complex campground as basement.If anybody wants to join - glad to see you.Reply here or via email: alexander.buturlakin@gmail.com

Sounds like fun but I won't be up there until the beginning of January. It's a great spot for snow camping and to base 4wd snow runs from.I know you ment a base camp and not a basement but keep on mind that I believe disharging a firearm at Letts lake is a no no.Hope you have a great trip.

Thanks for your post.Actually my plan is in camping at Friday night and drive next day through the forest to scout ground squirrels or jackrabbits signs with further walking hunting.And I`m planning to hunt outside of Stonyford district boundaries.So it should be legal.http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/mendocino/maps/info/firearms.php

Are there any other locations that are closer for Varmint hunting? I recently passed my Hunter Safety course but have not yet gotten my hunting license simply because I don't know of any hunting locations. I would appreciate it if you or anyone can point me in the right direction. I live in Livermore, California. Thanks much.