Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShooterJohn

New turkey feeder...

10 posts in this topic

It is really for my chickens and some of the local turkeys and doves. They don't like it when I forget their feeding times. So especially since it will be raining soon I purchased a Moultrie 30-Gallon E-Z Fill Feeder. It feeds up to six times a day and you set the amount of feed by how long the spinner runs. I'm using a mix of chicken scratch with additional millet, milo and sunflower added. I have it set to run two times a day at the moment and it seems to be about right no wasted grain. The inverted five gallon bucket half is my addition to the feeder. The reason for the bucket shield is it throws the seed to far away for where i have the feeder. So with the bucket collar the majority of it falls below the feeder which the chickens and doves like. It is a great feeder and so far it works flawlessly.post-3-1266111276.jpgHere are some of the turkeys after they cleaned up their morning feed allotment. They resting out back digesting their Thanksgiving meal.:smiley_turkey_gobble:Notice the pied turkeys in the middle.post-3-1266111280.jpg

That is just too cool John. Love it that you have those wild turkeys coming into your yard. That's just great.

That is just great! It also shows a person does not have to shoot everything that comes into a persons back yard. And that be good. :751::eck05::eck05: