Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShooterJohn

Fried potatoes with onions...

10 posts in this topic

Here is a sampling of our home grown potatoes and yes they are purple. The yellow ones are our Yukon Golds. Nothing like homegrown potatoes fried with some of our home grown Stockton Red onions with hamburger. Yum!Here they are getting ready for the skillet.post-3-1257391955_thumb.jpgFrying away. :horse apples:post-3-1257391969_thumb.jpg

Man, there isn't anything much better than fried potatoes and onions. And if they are Yukon Gold, my favoriate, then even better. YUM!

Yummy. I love fried potatoes for breakfast. Dice them and then fried till the outside is crunchy brown. As much as I like the specialty spuds (yellows, reds, purples etc) I still like a good russet for fried spuds.John, if you ever get a chance check out the new variety called Gem Star. A few guys grew some commercially this year here. A very tasty russet. Has a nice fluffy white meat that stays fluffy and tender when fried, but the outside crisps well. Also great baked. Did I mention I like potatoes? ;)Besides, the potato market needs a boost, prices are very dismal right now. Prices are around 1/2 the cost of production. Ouch...

I looked up those GemStars and I think I can get some. Our russets did real well but I may have to toss some because we had so many. I made a new potato spade for the tractor so I saved a couple of rows to try it on.

May have to toss some?? Hello I bet someone might could take your extra off your hands :drool: Now if you dice up some bell peppers that would be an awesome meal you got going in that skillet :)

That looks real good and I do not like onions , but in potatoes thier ok. Thats real red neck food.