Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bronco

Federal 22lr 525 rd Bulk Packs

14 posts in this topic

I don't shoot .22 but is that a good price? .16 per round seems like a heck of a lot of money especially when I reload .223 for basically that price. If that's a good price for .22 these days, it makes me that much happier that I reload.

Ah your math is a lille fuzy there Red Dog. 2100 rd for $84.99 = $0.04 per round.

lol, homemade, that's if you get up enough early and are persistant. I talked to the people at my local walmart and they said that ammo shoppers wait at 6 am in the parking lot to see if anyone from sporting goods is walking in. When they do they run to the counter and ask the counter people to check stock. If there is any they buy it all right there.I've kinda of given up on walmart.

lol, homemade, that's if you get up enough early and are persistant. I talked to the people at my local walmart and they said that ammo shoppers wait at 6 am in the parking lot to see if anyone from sporting goods is walking in. When they do they run to the counter and ask the counter people to check stock. If there is any they buy it all right there.I've kinda of given up on walmart.
+1 Tony...I haven't seen 22lr at Wally world since the fit hit the shan. You're right...this is a GREAT DEAL!!! Thanks for posting

I haven't seen any Federal at my local Wallyworld since before the summer. Midway will only sell one box to you every 48 hours so they double dip you with shipping. This deal by Cabellas is fricken great. Buy two cases (8 boxes) and the shipping is FREE. That works out to to under $22.00 a box delivered. Face it guys it's a whole new world now a days.

I remeber when you could get them for $10 bucks a box.
I remember when people weren't stalking Walmarts to rape their fellow shooters by charging almost 2x more for the bricks they buy at 6am. I actually remember when these type bricks were less than $10 at Walmart in like 2001-2002 time frame pre tax.

Madera huh, I'll have to stop in and check it out the next time I'm on my way to Clovis

The trick for getting ammo at Walmart is to go at night before closing, (Or later if it is a 24 hour Walmart) after they start unloading the pallets. The people are helpful and will check the order to see if its there and will usually go pull it. I used to be the guy that would start calling in the morning and by the time I got there the ammo I was looking for was sold out. Since the Dept Mgr mentioned this to me, I have no problems. Especially for the hard to get 9mm bulk packs.