Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BullsEye

Black Hills Ammunition

9 posts in this topic

I was shooting my AR at the range and dialing my scope in when I noticed smoke coming out of the lower on my gun. Thats not right! So I checked the gun and I saw what looked like a spent cartridge that didn't get extracted from the rifle so I tipped the gun over and out came the brass but is was separated. I found the other side of the brass and shipped it off of Black Hills for inspection after a few emails. They then offered to send me some replacement ammo and asked me what kind of bullet. So I opted for the Varmint Grenades since I am in the Condor zone and they sent me two boxes that arrived today. I am really happy about that! :welcomeani: Thanks Black Hills!

Yep, my experience with Black Hills has been nothing but outstanding. Very friendly too!I shoot very little factory ammo, but when I do it is almost always Black Hills... which I have LOTS of!Good NoteFrank

i used to love it in my 22-250. I shot 50 grain v-max in it ,but it wont group the stuff now. also when i shoot the stuff it is really dirty!! Never used to be. big puff of smoke also when you shoot it.. So i had to give up on it..

I always ordered the cheapest stuff BH's had to offer, reman with the V max bullet. Still shot better than any other factory ammo in my guns. I'm reloading now, but thought Blackhills stuff was a good value.

It was great for me also ,but then they changed their powder and it was like shooting black powder. Bought some more a month later and same thing , so i gave up on it. 5 shots and the patch looked like you cleaned a 50'chimney.