Heywood

Looking For...

17 posts in this topic

Eley brand HM2. Prefer a store in the Sac area but will mail order if I have to. I've tried the usual suspects with no luck(Badgers, Wild Sports, Great Outdoors), seen any at your local haunt? Store suggestions?

I'll keep an eye open but since I haven't got one yet I haven't looked. I usually buy all my rimfire ammo mail order. It's almost always so much cheaper that way. :rolleyes:

Only HM2 I've seen on shelves is your basic CCI and Hornady 17Vmax stuff.

It's been such a long time since I've ordered ammo but am I correct in assuming that there's the hazmat charge with UPS as they do with primers and powder? I'm still trying to find what works best. I'm going to have to glass bed the action as prelim results were abismal.

No hazmat fee on ammo. If there is supposed to be they lost tons of money on me. :o

No Hazmat, but they will only ship it UPS. I just ordered some of those FMJ's for the 17 HMR to try.
Where'd you find FMJ's? I have only seen V-Max. Might have to get me some.

That's where I ordered it. I just got 150 rounds until after I have test fired it and had a chance to try it out.
The link above doesn't work and I can't find it on their site, do you have a product #? Thx!

The link above doesn't work and I can't find it on their site, do you have a product #? Thx!
I just checked the link and it works fine on my computers. I see SBF gave you the product number as well as the same link. You may have some settings on your computer set too high or your path to their server through your provider is down. I test the links before I post them, really. ;)

I just checked the link and it works fine on my computers. I see SBF gave you the product number as well as the same link. You may have some settings on your computer set too high or your path to their server through your provider is down. I test the links before I post them, really. :o
Suuuure.... :D Actually if I would have read that it was HMR ammo it would have saved some time as I don't have anything that uses it. I suppose I could always throw them but I have trouble hitting the stated velocity. ;)

Heywood, you used the wrong link I put up. ;) That other link was for SBF and the FMJ bullets he was looking for, sorry. :o The one for the HM2 ammo is the one in the quote above. You did want the Eley ammo right? :D

My FMJ's will be here Friday afternoon! Hopefully I will have the truck loaded to head out so as soon as they get here I can hit the road.

Don't forget to shoot some of those at a target before you go hunting. They won't shoot to the same point of impact as the ones you sighted with previously. ;)