ShooterJohn

My new hauler...

18 posts in this topic

I've had a beater of a trailer I hauled things on for more than fifteen years. I found some plans for this eighteen footer with beaver tail and I add a 4,000lb winch to it. The winch is a life saver for moving those things that don't run. The beaver tail is nice too because it makes loading so much easier with low ground clearance vehicles. The ramps store inside the rear deck of the trailer and the winch battery is charged by the vehicle so it's pretty fool proof. I moved an 8X10 foot Tuff Shed on it and the winch saved the day. This thing actually makes moving things pretty easy. :signbummer8tl:post-3-1256755020_thumb.jpg

Nice John, now I know where to go to borrow a trailer when I want to move that 8x10 shed in my backyard that I want to replace. :signbummer8tl:

My old trailer didn't have brakes and could be a bit of a handful the way I used to load it. This has brakes on both axles and feels like you've deployed an anchor when you touch the brakes. :signs1180lq:

nice setup!

My old trailer didn't have brakes and could be a bit of a handful the way I used to load it. This has brakes on both axles and feels like you've deployed an anchor when you touch the brakes. :yikes[1]:
I hope you have a good trailer brake modulator! Some of them lock the brakes up as soon as you press the brake pedal. Not a good thing in foul weather! Nice looking trailer though John!

I hope you have a good trailer brake modulator!
I bought a Intella-Stop Ultra Brake Controller from Draw-Tite. It's a proportional brake controller. No lockups even with the trailer empty, unless you want it to lock it up that is. I'm happy with the trailer and the 4,000lb winch on it is really handy.

Getting it off the trailer was even easier. I just drove some T-posts in the ground as anchors and attached a tow strap around the shed to them and drove away. It dropped pretty much right in place. :horse apples: