Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thumper Dunker

New long bow.

5 posts in this topic

Got this from a buddy that likes to restore old bows . This came from a garage sale for a fews bucks . Was falling apart . he re did the bow and to make it a stifer bow he added a strip of hickory on the back , hoping to to get it from a 40 pound bow to a 50 or so one. Well He can't pull it back but about ten inches and that was 55pounds. I put a scale on it pulled to 20 inches and it was 83 pounds :harhar1[1]: ,that was before I hurt my self. Going to take down the limbs some , shooting to make it 60-70 pounds. This stuff is as adictive as reloading and getting more guns.arrow2163.jpgarrow2164.jpgarrow2165.jpgWas working on another bow ,the one I posted on before . The hickory stick ,well I killed it :signlol2iu: got in a too big a hurry. :crazy:

You could keep it the way it is and use it to shoot Cape Buffalo like This guy did! I think it only took him two years of practice to draw and accurately shoot it.

Were you falling over when you snapped the pics? :pot: Nice bow I had a friend in high school that shot a 79lb long bow. He learned to shoot fast with it.

Thats pretty cool. My back hurts just thinking about shooting somthing like that.