Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ehd

discontinued my favorite coyote round

8 posts in this topic

Remington discontinued the power lokt hollow points in 55 grain for the 22-250. thats a real bummer for me ,as it was a perfect round for coyotes . lots of punch with no spash wounds or exits. Now I am 4 boxes away from looking for a new round.

No I dont reload. I was looking at some calhoon 55 grainers by hsm or Bergers that they load. Might need to go back to the 55 grain pointed soft points..

Hey EHD, Have you tried any of the Hornady rounds. I have a Remington Model SEVEN in .22-250. I've shot the 40 grain v-max's, they are excellent. They have 40, 50, 55 and 60 grain bullets in polymer tips, moly tipped and hollow points. I highly recommend them. Or at least looking in to them. Hope you can find a suitable substitute. -Jeremy

i Shot quite a few coyotes with a 50 grain v-max. i did get a few splash hits that I didnt like . maybe the federal Bthp in 55 grains

No I dont reload. I was looking at some calhoon 55 grainers by hsm or Bergers that they load. Might need to go back to the 55 grain pointed soft points..
The Sierra Game King #1365 is a spitzer...it's a really good coyote bullet.Federal Premium makes a 22-250 round with the Sierra Game King but the hollow point version.Sierra Game KingAs for the plastic tipped bullets I've shot a bunch of coyotes with my Swift using a 55gr Bal-Tip...it's good.

thanks tawnoper. I am going to try the gameking and some 55 grain calhoons just for fun..

I had some 50 grain accu-tips that shot a 5/8" 5 shot group @ 100. i think that I read that the pellet is a v-max?