Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
timmy

Blowout on Garmin etrex Vista HCx

5 posts in this topic

I was looking for a new handheld GPS to replace the Garmin etrex I lost during the summer :) Cabela's is having a blowout sale on the etrex Vista HCx right now. Normally the price for the unit itself is $299. Bundled with the Topo map set, a 128M card and carry case goes for $349. Right now the bundled set is $199.They must be discontinuing it. This is one step up from the one I had. It includes an altimeter.ONLY ONE PROBLEM -- It's out of stock. But if you order one, you will still get the sales price when they come in (I was told late Nov).http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...t21350&rid=In the meatime, I will be borrowing one for our D3 hunt next week.

I accidentally left out the word "less" but that's what I mean...why would the bundle be cheaper than the unit by itself? Weird eh?

It may be that Garmin is discontinuing this model. I know they have some new ones out with bigger screens, more detail, etc., but they cost more too.But yes, the unit alone is $299.00, and the unit with the extra stuff is $199.00