Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bretmoua

mounting brackets for 30-06

12 posts in this topic

Anyone have an extra mounting bracket for the 30-06 laying around that you would be willing to sell for a low price. I have a mid to late 80's remington 30-06 that requires the mounting bracket screw holes to be on the north and south end and not the usual east to west. Hope that makes sense LOL. I already have my scope. I can't afford the new brackets and thought I should ask here first. Let me know.

are you talking about the base and rings? look on ebay if nothing comes threw here.I have been buying a lot of hunting stuff from ebay you can get some good deals on there.

What is the model of your Remington rifle?

Wow, that looks weird. How would I add my scope on top of that? Adding a scope on my 30-06 rifle seems more difficult than my .22 rifle.

Those four screws match up and attach to the holes in the receiver of your rifle. Then you need to get a set of rings that fit that base. The rings attach to the base then the scope is secured in the rings. If you have never done this before it is actually pretty simple. Just make sure you have a 1" scope tube on your scope and you get 1" rings.If you do not already have the rings look at this set. This would be all the items needed plus mounting instructions.http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=141853297

This is different than putting a scope on most 22 rifles.

Just enter 740 or 742 base in the search location on the GunBroker site and you will hit on other similar items.Good luck

Just go to a local sporting goods store and buy a mount and rings. I put a Leupold one-piece mount on mine in 1996 and a Leupold scope in 1970 and have never had to adjust it since. Rock solid. You will pay alittle more than a weaver type mount but it is money well spent. Cabelas and other mail order places will have them also(graff/midway etc). If you use a 40mm ob lens scope such as a 3X9X40 Leupold you can use the low rings and it will provide you all you could ask for as far as use and fit.