Hylander

Anothe Idea

6 posts in this topic

Another Idea: My head hurts :o Instead of buying a new .223, what if I rebarrel my VLS .308It would save me hundreds and I don't shoot my .308 much, only 2 shots in the last 2 yearsto sight in for Deer season :( only problem is after a year in the safe those two shots split the target cross hair in one hole :o It consistanly shoots that well.What do you guys think of my Idea, good/bad ?700VLS308.jpg.jpg

Sounds like a plan. What caliber do you want to rebarrel for? 22-250, 220 Swift, 22-243. And any of the Akley Improved's ? The possibilities are wide open for you to come up with your version of the ultimate predator/varmint swatter. Don't rush into it until you research all of the options you have and when the one that blows up your skirt hits you . Get-R-Done.... New cartridges are fun to play with...Walt

Well I was thinking .223 AII have a Mauser .243 I put together and I like it.Not a big fan of the large .22 case's, no reason other than they burn alot of powder and wear out barrels faster.

Nope didn't sell it, my wife said NOooooooo Then she saw this post and Said NOooooooooooooLooks like I gott'a buy that 700 SPS in .223

I'd have a hard time sacrificing a rifle that shot that well, too. If the barrel was worn out and it shot like garbage that would be a different story.