Heywood

Finally!

14 posts in this topic

After ER Shaw's 11 week backlog, UPS put my HM2 barrel in my grubby hands about an hour ago. It's a kit from Boyds with the Shady camo stock. Needless to say it didn't take long to get it mounted. This was a project from the start. I picked up a beater 10/22 w/a cracked stock in 3 places and serious rust and pitting. I doubt this '87 shooter had ever been cleaned. I tossed the stock and stripped the receiver down tuned the stock trigger down to about 2lbs. from what seemed like 8. Once stripped it got a coat of matte black Duracoat. My measuring was a bit off on the hardener and it ended up w/more gloss (more hardener = more gloss) than I wanted but overall it came out great. Duracoat is great stuff. It's topped off with a Simmons 6x18 scope. I had it laying around as a take off from another gun and it'll get replaced here too. Not too bright or clear, doubt I would ever recommend Simmons. It'll get a work out this weekend sighting in :(DSC01223a.jpg

Hum...The last time I shot my 10/22 I had just got out of the Navy. I got out in 1989.I'll have to look into a 17HMR kit.
Can't put the HMR kit on the 10/22 only the HM2 kit

Love that stock!

Me too other than he had that thumb hole added to the wrong side of the stock!
My spider senses are tingling? I sense a lefty in the crowd??? :o:(:o

Love that stock!
Yeah, it worked out real good. It was a tough choice as they had so many to choose from. It looks sure looks a lot lighter than the one on their site tho' shady.jpgedited for wrong photo...

Got an almost exact replica of yours!! Shoots great. The HM2 did a great job on jacks and squirrels to a bit over 100 yds. Love it.

Nice looking rifle.I got a 1022 and Im thinking Hmmm ;) Next toy? ;)

Me too other than he had that thumb hole added to the wrong side of the stock!
Lots of'em here including me