Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
outdoorsman

ATV registration?

5 posts in this topic

DMV ............. "Red stickers "are issued to 2003 year model and newer OHVs that are not certified to California OHV emission standards. If your OHV has a "3" or "C" in the eighth position of the vehicle identification number (VIN) then your vehicle will be issued a red sticker. Red stickers are issued to OHVs that can use California OHV riding areas for seasonal use only. 2004 YAMAHA WARRIOR 350OK my vin has a "4" in the 8th position, why can't I get a green sticker?

Nope. 4 stroke. Thinking the dmv entered the vin wrong, making the 8th digit a "3". Have to check the paperwork to the frame tomorrow. Can't come up with anything else.

Yeah I would. All 4 strokes I believe are green sticker. I'ld double check.

Yeah I would. All 4 strokes I believe are green sticker. I'ld double check.
Not all 4 strokes are green sticker legal. I've had Yamaha YZ450F and WR450F 4 stroke dirt bikes that you couldn't get green stickered because they did not pass California's EPA requirements. Kinda stupid if you ask me since I see all kinds of Baja plates and out of state plates driving around that spew more smog than a dirt bike that I only rode on weekends and 1-4 hours a day.