ShooterJohn

Felony powder amounts in California...

Hey Bruce...does your "X-Wife" figure into this I wonder. If she left you some community property....and half was hers...hummmm.....then you get remarried....and have a little more wiggle room....then your son turns 18 yrs and is still at home...with his 20 year old sister......and then your Mother-in-Law moves in due to the economy....and....and...and...

Sucks as I need FF and FFFF for the charge and the priming pan. What am I supposed to do?

Ok, now for the wiseheimer question:I have two boxes of BH209. Are we calling it blackpowder or smokeless with additives? ( I read somewhere that it actually is a special formulation of smokeless with an additive to smoke)

Well that sucks. I need FF and FFFF how am I going to get smaller than 1 lb cans?

Over 20 Pounds Of Smokeless Gunpowder Or More Than One Pound Of Black Powder.Even if intended for use in sporting firearms, California provides felony penalties for possessing more than the stated amounts of gunpowder without special permits.
Will the fun ever stop.P

Really crazy!!!! I had a .410 barrel for my Contender in my hand, ready to buy, but settled on a short (coach) .410 double barrel instead. When I heard about the 10 cartridge maximum law going into effect, I bought a S&W just to get that 15 round magazine. Um, can someone give me the definition of an assault rifle? Around here any semi automatic rifle is called an assault rifle. Also I need the definition of an "elephant gun."

Old thread, but still... I read the Pyrodex MSDS. There's no charcoal, no potassium perchlorate, no sulphur, etc. in it. Further, the MSDS warns that Pyrodex generates its own oxygen when burned. The stuff doesn't seem to meet the definition of "black powder". I'm guessing it's a smokeless based powder with some moderators. They don't disclose the contents but show the normal content of black powder and show 0% of those constituents.

Remember that the people who make these laws learned everything they needed to know about gunpowder watching Saturday morning cartoons where some cartoon character makes a trail of powder to a large stack of wooden powder kegs with a few red rockets thrown in for good measure and some other fireworks. The cartoon character then lights the trail and a huge explosion happens. That's all the politicians in this state know about gun powder.

I wonder if there is a limit on lawn fertilizer,

Some people have been known to make bombs from it.

Tom 

Hey guys - long time no post!  This is the first notification I have gotten in many months from an old thread.

I see they are trying to hit the gun control again. The Liberals never pass up a crisis.   Can you imagine if Hillary had won. :o Here we just eliminated  any permit requirements to carry  starting 1/1/2017 in Missouri. Things could change in a moment - you just never know.

Our married ex Navy Seal governor may have gotten himself in some trouble with his female hairdresser (in the news).  He is probably the best governor I can remember so hopefully he eventually gets cleared. 

I have been real busy with my adventure motorcycle hobby (I have two adventure motorcycles) and still shoot an airgun on most days out the back. I am on Stromtrooper.com a lot. There are a ton of folks adventure riding/touring in CA and several play in the two motorcycle picture games with. Basically, you ride somewhere to get a picture with your bike by a theme. 

Brant

Missouri Ozarks in the fall (Suzuki V-Strom 1000)

CBrkayX.jpg?1

You too John. How goes it?

We live in wild times.

A few airgun vendor friends just told me tonight that YouTube is systematically terminating gun and even airgun related channels (vendors and businesses). It started in the last week. Have you guys heard anything like that? 

It appears YouTube is admitting it happened and is a mistake.  Most channels are coming back. (I have a tough time believing them) What I really suspect is that the backlash turned out to be much more than expected and they were forced to walk it back. Look at Delta airlines who is now facing millions of dollars in tax penalties for stiffing the NRA.  An  alternative to YouTube is supposedly here or coming to keep things open since Google bought and controls YouTube. Google censors and filters everything including Searches. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-28/youtube-s-new-moderators-mistakenly-pull-right-wing-channels