Barticus

Show your camo jobs

35 posts in this topic

I'm planning on painting my Toyota 4x4. I would love to see your camo jobs and an explanation on how you did it. Or if you know of cool ways of doing camo paint jobs. Come on guys show them rigs off!

I painted my cousins toyota using a wide palm tree leaf. We painted it all flat black and then we use the leaf to make brown stripes and then did green stripes. And then we threw a little brown in there to. It turned out reall good. Sorry I don't have any pics of it.

Very nice!I am trying to decide whether to do that myself w/ the Cherokee i bought from Braz or just throw a camo net over it when I hunt. My concern is that tofu eaters will vandalize it because it advertises your intent. Had any such issues? Anybody give you grief for this paint job (besides the lil lady)?

No has given me any grief. And the wife drives it almost as much as I do, heck it was her daily driver last year back and forth to work. (middle school AP)..A camo net everytime you get in and out of the car???? Hmmm, if I was doing that 20-25 times a day I would like just run myself over with the jeep.

didn't I see a post on here were someone stated that there is a company in Auburn area that will put Camo Vinyl on a rig for a reasonable price? I cannot find it now that I am considering it. Anyone remember that? or know what I am talking about?

BC9696, with at green Grand, I don't think you will need to worry about it. Heck, even if it's white, just park it aways away and you should be good to go.

didn't I see a post on here were someone stated that there is a company in Auburn area that will put Camo Vinyl on a rig for a reasonable price? I cannot find it now that I am considering it. Anyone remember that? or know what I am talking about?
Yeah...I saw it. However rates average $1600. installed (depending on vehicle size) and I found some that were upwards of $3700.I'm only considering the camo netting for large flat areas that do not offer any decent natural cover. A couple of guys expressed concern about driving a camoflaged hunting vehicle and being vandalized by PETA-like whackjobs. Just thinking about the options. I have another plan I'm considering too...stay tuned. <g>

camo4runfront.jpgcamo4runside.jpgcamo4runrear.jpgDid this camo job in 9 days taking my time. $150 worth of rattle can spray paint and sand wheels and sheets.Sanded original paint down to primer with 120 grit using a random orbital sander. Then sanded a second time with 220 grit to get rid of the scratches from the 120 grit. Shot the whole thing with Rustoleum Auto Gray Primer then lightly sanded the primer with 400 grit. Shot the whole base coat with Krylon Camouflage Olive Ultra Flat, and then a second coat. For the patterns I just made three stencils out of poster board, one for each color. Shot the khaki patterns over the entire vehicle first, then the brown, then the black. All the pattern colors were also Krylon Camouflage ultra flat. Let it sit for a week inside the garage until the paint fully hardened to the chip resistant state.

Excellent job Steve. That really looks great and should be invisible at night. :smiley_green_with_envy:post-26-1285789636.gifDER PANZER

But Red, come on, you spend time doing a camo job on the jeep and then put on chrome wheels? What is that all about?

But Red, come on, you spend time doing a camo job on the jeep and then put on chrome wheels? What is that all about?
How else would he find his way back to his truck? :smiley_green_with_envy:

Yep, that's the answer. I never though of that. Just use the "mirror" wheels as a locator. Dumb me. :smiley_green_with_envy:

post-3-1285817896.jpgThis is mine, needs a new paint job but this is as camo as it gets.

Ah Ha. You got those mirror wheels too. I guess that's what I"ve been doing wrong. :1rock1oo:

Excellent job Steve. That really looks great and should be invisible at night. :1rock1oo:post-26-1285789636.gifDER PANZER
Thanks Red. Your camo job looks nice and detailed.

The chrome wheels came on my Jeep when I bought it. With all the other $$$ I have poured into Der Panzer, I didn't want to buy new wheels too. This is not the first time I have taken a beating for the chrome wheel thing. :1rock1oo: When I repaint this time around I am going to hump for a set of "Moon Disk" wheel covers and camo them too so I cover the chrome wheels. I'll cut out a small portion of the front disks to expose the hub locks and I should be good to go.