Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishwrestler

Bacon Explosion

18 posts in this topic

This morning we got Soccer out of the way early and I thought I would give the Bacon Explosion recipe a try. Below is the first step. Recipe called for 2lbs of bacon. I created a 7X7 bacon weave. It was not as difficult as I thought it would be. Then sprinkled some pork rub on the bacon.DSC00822.jpgThe next step was creating the sausage patty. The recipe called for 2 lbs of sausage, I used Jimmy Dean Maple flavored. The recipe had you make the patty right on the bacon then peel it off I found that one of my other cutting board would create the proper size patty, so I used that as the surface to roll out the sausage into a patty on. DSC00823.jpgThe next step was to fry up the remainder of the bacon. The recipe called for 2 lbs. of bacon total. The package I bought was three pounds so I fried up the remainder of the three lbs and then cut it up and sprinkled it over the sausage. Forgot to take a picture of it , but I sprinkled a little BBQ sauce over the cooked bacon. Sorry about not getting a picture. DSC00824.jpgThis is the sausage and cooked bacon that I rolled into the log.DSC00825.jpgThe next step called for rolling the bacon weave over the sausage roll.DSC00826.jpgThe last step was completing the wrap and sprinkling with pork rub. DSC00828.jpgGot the smoker going a little before three and put roll into the smoker at 220 DegreesDSC00829.jpgCooked it for just under three hours at 220 degreesDSC00830.jpgFired up the gas grill to see if I could get the exterior bacon a little more crisp. The gas grill did the job DSC00832.jpgLook at t he nice pinwheel effect. DSC00835.jpgServed up ready to eat. Oh yeah added some melon to he dinner. I think that will keep my arteries from clogging. Kids plate and adult plates DSC00836.jpgDSC00837.jpg Already planning the next one. Going to use Italian Sausage next go around and my wife wants me to do one with a pork loin inside. Robert

Oh god...I can feel my heart slowing down just thinking about that. Does that come with a side of country gravy to put a little substance in it? Lol. Maybe a portable defibulator would be a better side dish... :fireworks3: I can't believe people would eat that...Just kidding, I think it looks delicous. I'll see about getting the bride to whip one up.Chorizo on one maybe?

Oh god...I can feel my heart slowing down just thinking about that.
You raise cows, not pigs...right? :fireworks3::fireworks3:

Chorizo on one maybe?
Humm you got me thinking now, That might have to be my next one Robert

looks delicious, but I can feel my left ventricle slamming shut!!

Great suggestion! Thanks!!! I will do that. Gonna have plenty of steaks, ribs, ground beef, brats & jerky for the holidays!

WoW....showed my spouse this and she said "looks great but I wont be able to restart your heart after you eat that" :signlol2iu:

Man that looks good. I hope your not on a diet. :roflmao3[1]::roflmao3[1]::roflmao3[1]::roflmao3[1]: Put some striper in that. That weve will make a pork loin great.

That sounds fantastic!!! I've always wanted to make that and smoke it over hickory and mesquite. A little wine in the water pan on my wood smoker would just top it off. Good Stuff!!!