Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jawbreaker

made one out of Zebra wood. What do you think?

11 posts in this topic

My buddy works at a hardwood dealer and gave me some wood to try out. This one is Zebra wood and I will soon be trying Eucalyptus, osage, and birds eye maple. Let me know what you think?post-3-1253241089_thumb.jpgpost-3-1253241100_thumb.jpg Thanks for looking, Ron

That's a nice looking call jawbreaker. It looks small and compact. Are you going to make some with a lanyard groove or are they too small. With my luck, I'd put it down and forget the thing. :popcorn:

I usually put a groove in them , this is the first one out of wood. I like the looks without and was thinking off trying a hole near the end for a split ring or other lanyard attachment. I don't have a lathe so I shape everything by hand( I think they look a liitle unique that way).

You really need to come over to our call makers site. Those are some nice looking calls and you will get lots of assistance, if you need any, at the call makers site. http://thogamecallsforums.com/index.php By the way, we also have a lot of different folks there that sell their calls.

You really need to come over to our call makers site. Those are some nice looking calls and you will get lots of assistance, if you need any, at the call makers site. http://thogamecallsforums.com/index.php By the way, we also have a lot of different folks there that sell their calls.
I am on that site all of the time but haven't posted there yet. When I get back from my elk hunt I'll have more time to post there. Thanks, Ron

That call looks very nice indeed, Ron... Keep up the good work :grgp6jh: Frank

Oh yea, I found you now. Yep, you been registered almost 3 months. Look forward to your participation.