Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PredatorMaster

Deep Fried Dove

16 posts in this topic

My buddy told me this is the best way to do dove. So I made a batch of it today. It was pretty good.Wash the breast meat.Dip in egg.Then drop it in the flour and black pepper.Then put them in the fry daddy.enjoy.post-3-1312301919.jpg post-3-1312301924.jpgpost-3-1312301938.jpg post-3-1312301950.jpg

I just got my bird stamp so I may need to head out and see what I can bring to the kitchen.
Don't forget dove is a split season and the first part ends September 15th.

The second season starts again in November. You southern cal guys will have better luck than us in the north.

I smothered one with minced garlic and put it in the oven and baked it .Was not bad my wife did gave me a funny look as I was chewing on the tiny legs hey they were good.I went out later today and not much was flying this rain pushed them out.While I was using my shotgun to cut some pig weed in front of me 2 doves flew over and my gun was empty :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

Just tried that tonight with some duck, not too bad. Dip em in some blue cheese and they taste just like hot wings. Yummy!

The second season starts again in November. You southern cal guys will have better luck than us in the north.
When I lived in California the second part of the season was in December. I've shot doves while duck hunting outside of Stockton that late in the year.Up here in Oregon in the area where I live we depend on the rain flooding portions of the farmers' fields in order to hunt waterfowl. Oregon doesn't have a late season for doves but we often have them flying around in November and December. More often than not when September comes we'll have a chill and they'll all disappear. It's surprising that they come back when it's so cold. I've seen them around here when there was snow on the ground.