Bozsik

Info Marlin hm2?

33 posts in this topic

They are a touch out of my price range, too. I can't believe someone else hasn't made a good little auto loader for the 17 hmr.

Yeah, its a wonder why no other company has touched on the semi auto 17? I've heard of a few attempts, but all seem to fail in some ways???VQ seems to be the only semi out that seems to work right. I've seen Capitol's VQ, I'm sold and will be getting one for next years squirrel trip :rolleyes:

Go to http://www.volquartsen.com/ and then check out their Photo gallery. I wouldn't mind one of the Ruger MKII pistols they build.
Same here John, but VQ won't submit any of their recievers or whole pistols for the CA drop test.... :rolleyes:

Same here John, but VQ won't submit any of their receivers or whole pistols for the CA drop test.... :o
I know and that really stinks. :rolleyes: Oh well, I just have to use one of my 10 other .22 pistols until they do. ;) In the mean time I may have to satisfy my need for a new gun by purchasing this VQ.https://www.volquartsen.com/vc//pages/publi...tItems.jsp?id=6It the only version with a full stainless steel receiver. Plus since I prefer left hand shooting it doesn't have a funky hi-rise right handed stock that i can't shot from. :D

I'm converting one of my 10/22's because first and foremost I don't care for the .22LR anymore. 22LR is borderline effective past 50 yards, they aren't the most accurate and they ricochet terribly.So now you ask why not just the .17HMR. Well, I think it's overkill for some of the shooting I do, it's louder than it need be and the cost is more. Now you say louder? :o Well, it is and more noise translates into more squirrels and other animals hiding due to the BANG. Besides, since I won't be shooting .22LR's anymore I have a gun I won't be using and the .17M2 will be a great replacement I'm able to shoot for less money than the HMR. :rolleyes::o
Points well taken ;) Before I got my 17HMR I thought about turning my 10/22 to an HM2.But my 10/22 is so nice I can't defile it. I can see converting a 10/22 if you longer want to shoot 22'sBut I still can't see buying a dedicated HM2.Joel, Very nice :D

Thanks Sterling...Thread hijack.Here is a pic of my VQ 22lr that I use for Metallic Silhouette shooting competitions. PANA0051.jpgI'd like to get another exactly like it in 17HMR. I need to keep up with that Capitol guy in the killing fields :lol:Thread hijack over.