Kevin G

Hand Cannon Photo's

28 posts in this topic

Howdy CPC folks,I took a few shots of the Taurus on Monday.I thought I would share 'em with you.Photo # 1 . . . Hand Cannonee9d7d0f.jpgPhoto #2 . . . Hand Cannon Different Viewee9d7b95.jpgPhoto # 3 . . . Hand Cannon . . . Uhhhhh . . . In My Hand . . . :oee9d7adf.jpgPhoto # 4 . . . Yet Another Hand Cannon . . . In My Hand.ee9d7a66.jpgI am pleased that it finally worked out for me! I will try and remember to take the camera with me to the range next time to take a photo or two of the targets that I shot.Fun Toy (now . . . ) :o Kevin G.

Smallblock . . . I will be getting an Uncle Mike's (or is it Uncle Bud's) chest holster for it. I believe the holster is cross-back strapped with the holster across your chest.bandhol1.jpgShooter . . . Heh . . . interesting observation . . . you have a point there. I should have had wife-o hold it, though she thinks it is tooOOoo dang heavy. It's OK . . .I am shooting it, not her. :) Kevin G.

Wjhat cal is that thing ? I know its posted some place. nice set up.

Howdy guys . . .Smallblock . . . Yep . . . it is some what heavy. It weighs in at 53 ounces, sans scope, scope mount and rings. Also sans ammo. I have some 320 grain loads I have not shot yet! :lol: The scope mount is aluminum and the rings are Nickel plated steel. Heh . . . I like Wheaties! After all the smoke and dust settles . . . it is still lighter than my scoped .30-06! :blink: Thumper/Smallblock . . . Yup . . . it is a 44 mag. It is a Taurus Raging Bull: 444SS6. (6.5 inch ported barrel). I actually took receipt of the 8 3/8 inch version, but had to return it as it wasn't on 'The List'. :lol:Raging Bull <------ Click on the link to go to the Taurus site for this model.Mr. Mister . . . Yup . . . kinda big anyway. A tick under 6'4" @ 235. As a side note . . . you saw Steven several years ago on the Wild Wave. Steven is now "officially" taller than me. (scary huh? :( )Hylander . . . I actually moved the scope forward on the mounts after I had the mount machined. I do get some port-blast on the bottom of the scope from the blast. It does clean up with # 9 or Shooters Choice. I made sure the objective lens was well ahead of the blast. The balance is better with this mounting position and the clearance to cock the hammer is better. The sight picture is the same. The scope is a Bushnell Elite 3200 in 2 x 6 x 32. The rings are Burris Zee rings. I hate the rings . . .After all the troubles and trials I have gone through, I am happy with what I ended up.Kevin

newgunphotos007aj2.jpgThese are my 2 Magnum Research BFR Revolvers in .45-70 and .500 S&W Magnum. Both are good accurate shooters, and a heck of a lot of FUN! Those are Lyman 552 Grain Gas Check bullets loaded in the .45-70. Bill T.

Those are beautiful looking "Home Security Weapons." I'll bet they are a handful to shoot, but lots of fun.

Thanks. The .45-70 is actually quite mild compared to the .500 S&W with factory 405 Grain Jacketed loads. While the .45-70 is a larger, more intimidating looking cartridge, the .500 S&W Magnum operates at a much higher pressure. That said, when the .45-70 is loaded to full compacity with heavy bullets, it can give some good performance, with recoil to match. Bill T.

Lets resurrect this thread:Here's two of my hand cannon:Desert Eagle 44 Mag. I will be ordering 50AE barrel for itIMGP2351.jpgIMGP2352.jpgMy 35 Remington TC ContenderIMGP2353.jpg

They all look Nice!DF how do you like that DE I passed as they said no lead bullets as it would clog the gas port

I like it a lot. Your info is correct on the no lead for these pistol. It's a handful to shoot but manageable. I will be ordering the 50AE barrel for it. A friend has one, and the recoil is a lot more than the 44, but still manageable.

Out of the IHMSA organization came the "Super Mag" cartridges which received the official designation of 357 Maximum, 375 Maximum and 445 Maximum.

post-16-1192560593_thumb.jpgComparison pictures of 357 Mag & 357 Maximum

The Maximum cartridges had a common case length of 1.6".

post-16-1192560622_thumb.jpgBullets that were available for the 357 Max and cartridges post-16-1192560662_thumb.jpgMy Dan Wesson 357 Max, spare barrel 8" and cartridgesRuger, Dan Wesson and Freedom Arms made revolvers for the Maximum cartridges. post-16-1192560937_thumb.jpgImagine this target as 31" at the shoulder and cut from 3/8" T1 steel. It would be standing 200 meters away. One shot per target, knock it down to score a point. Ricochets count. There were also chickens at 50 mtrs, pigs at 100 mtrs & turkeys at 150 mtrs. That was the sport that inspired the Maximum cartridges.

I have a Ruger Alaskan in .454 Casull. truly a handful to fire..........speaking of fire, well......just watch the video:

Here's my encore in .243 winpost-209-1199601266_thumb.jpg

I haven't been posting on any forum for awhile now. My son is a little older now and I have a little more free time to get back into reading and posting.