Kevin G

MUCH Better!

7 posts in this topic

Steven and I managed to make it out to Chabot this afternoon.We brought two handguns: the Taurus .44 Mag and the Glock P20C 10MM. We also brought the FrAnKeNmAg and the Skunk. Those two didn?t see the light of day on this trip.As I had reported a while back, I had to have the Taurus scope base machined as it would not fit the dang handgun (and yes . . . it was/is the correct base for this handgun).I mechanically re-centered my Bushnell Elite 3200 2 x 6 x 32 scope prior to re-mounting it as I had bottomed out the elevation adjustment trying in vain to hit a 2.5? x 3? target at 25 yards with it on the last outing. ;) We set up on the 25 yard line again, posted our targets and waited for the commence fire command. I was using double sand bags on top of wooden blocks and the Taurus rides the bags rather nicely. I was VERY pleased to see a hole in my target after the first shot. One 6-round cylinder later I had a nice ehhhhhhh . . . 2.5 - 3 inch group (with one flyer . . . pulled it dangit) about 12 inches high and 2 inches left. I didn?t mess with elevation all that much, though I did adjust it somewhat. I mostly got the group centered over the york-orange shoot n? see dot. ;) The next 6 round group was bout 6 inches high and the group was centered. Another nice 2.5 ? 3 inch group. I shot about 5 or so more 6-round strings and decided to move to the 50 yard line. I was somewhat dumbfounded when my first group at 50 yards was about ehhhhh . . . about 16 inches high! I guess the pill is still on the rise at that range. A few more 6 round groups for yucks and grins and it was off to the 100 yard range. I set up at 100 yards with the sand bag/block setup and settled in. BOOM! A hit! It was about 12 inches high and about 3 inches left. Completing that 6-round string confirmed the group was high and left. Crank in some down and some right and fire another 6-round string. A group about 6 inches high and even more left! HUH? OK moron . . . look at the arrow on the scope this time when you correct for windage. Crank in more down and RIGHT (DOH!) and give it a go. :( The best group I managed at 100 yards was right at 4.5 inches @ 100 yards from the bags. I was getting tired and it was getting windy. I started to chase the scope in an effort to get it ?nutz-on? without much success. As it turns out, the scope rings had loosened up slightly on the base. Steven was ready to go home and I was too.Bring the Jeep down to the line and load it up. All in all a MUCH better day in Taurusville today! Steven and I cleaned up the handcannons when we got home and I tightened the scope rings to the base and put the toys away. I am looking forward to the next range session with the Taurus!MUCH BETTER!! :lol::D:D Kevin G.

Glad to hear you finally got things worked out. I have one back at the factory for repairs now. I was a little miffed to hear it is going to take 4-6 weeks to get it back. A gun that leaves the factory and wont fire is much like a car that leaves the assembly line and wont start .... neither should be for sale!!

Isn't that the truth? :lol: There's just no pride of workmanship in the country today. :( If people cared a little more about what they produce then what they're getting paid to produce it we'd be better off. Not that people shouldn't be paid a fair amount for their work. But their work should be worthwhile and be fit for sale.

OMG!Click and NO Boom?!?!?! :lol: Wazzupwitdat? :( That is WAY no joy Smallblock . . . dang.I hope they get it returned to you ASAP. Mine did go boom when I pulled the trigger, but owing to the poor manufacturing of the scope base: I couldn't hit a bull in the butt at 25 yards with it unless I threw it at him. ;) I had the base machined to properly fit the handgun and everything works well now.I am still flabergasted at the accuracy of this handgun at 100 yards. I was using Magtech and ehhhh Winchester USA 240 grain hoo-ha's from sandbags. The handgun is scoped which helps GREATLY in my case, but I never expected this. I have some Double Tap hand loads to try out on the next outting.Hey . . . I'll take it! ;) I could not agree with you more Shooter . . . well said. Period. The old phrase 'you get what you paid for' doesn't seem to hold much water these days . . . Kevin

Well I got my pistol back this morning! The included paperwork says they replaced the transfer bar and adjusted the cylindder yoke. Now to see if it will actually fire