Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shoot-it

HOYT REFLEX Excursion

6 posts in this topic

Is bows with split limbs just as good as solid one.I have heard people saw not to get theses kind.I need some in put I am thinking on biding on one very soon.

That's debateable. Like asking mechanical vs fixed broadhead (the correct answer is fixed :yikes[1]:) I prefer split limbs. Solid limbs can have a tendancy to begin to split where it forks around the cam. And I can't stress enough, you can't go wrong with a HOYT! :signlol2iu:

I have both and have used them both for years my son shoots the split limb and it has been on two, 2 week guided elk hunts on horse back in montana with no issues and he is rough on equipment he has no problem crawling through brush, snow, rain, but besides getting beat up and replaceing a string every year he can still out shoot me with it.. Dave

Go to an archery shop and shoot both types and then nmake your choice. You want to buy the bow that feels the most comfortable to you, because as far as quality both types have their pros and cons. You don't have to buy the bow at the shop but you can try them out and get a feel for what you like.