Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rich Cronk

New from Cronk's

11 posts in this topic

2009Howler001.jpgI made this one from a bull buffalo horn. It makes nice coyote speak.

Very pretty horn Rich. You did a nice job.

Great looking howler Sir, and I know you are being very modest saying it makes nice coyote speak, your calls Rock!!! :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

Thanks for the kind words. I am working on the buffalo horns at this time, because the rough sanding is done outside where the dust can blow away with the wind. Winter is approaching, and I want to get a few of these howlers ready to go. Buffalo horn requires quite a lot of time spent sanding and polishing, but the end result makes it more than worthwhile.

Very nice Rich !!! i would love to hear one!!

Nice job Rich. Those bad boys require a lot of sanding and finishing. I have only made two from authentic Buffalo horn and I won't be doing anymore. It's simply too labor intensive for me. They are super rough and sinewy horns. I wet sanded with different grits for hours to fair them out. I have only this one left for sale and I'm done.post-3-1266381146.jpg

EHD,I will try to record a howl or two with the one in the photo tomorrow. Probably won't sound any better than one of those I already sent ya though. :fireworks3: DesertDog,I like the looks of that howler you posted. Nice.