Stiff Neck

No Federal GM205M primers

20 posts in this topic

Nobody has any Federal GM205M primers. Nobody local, and I stopped by Reno on the way to Cedarville and they're all out too. Even Sportsman's Wherehouse is out. I guess I'l have to order some on the net, although Powder Valley has a 4000 minimum order on primers and I don't need that many. I stopped in at Sportsman's and met Ken aka yotehunter. Nice guy, he says hi and promises to check in soon 'cause he's been absent lately.

I don't know why those things are so scarce. :lol: They act like they are gold or something. But they sure work well. I had just bought 5,000 last month to load up some of those Varmint Nightmare bullets.

I think Natchez, or another of the big mail orders has a deal with no hazmat shipping fee if you buy a certain amount of them. Maybe a group buy with a few... that extra cost is a pain in the arse!

Well, "nobody" in Utah has any. And nobody in NV has any either except one guy who was a few in the old red boxes. The guns manager at the Provo UT Sportsmans Wherehouse said they've been having a very difficult time getting any primers on the shelf, and Federal has been the worst. He said they haven't had any GM205M primers for months, and they can't get a response from Federal despite repeated requests for info on why or when they'll ship more primers. I guess I'll order a couple of thousand on the net from powder valley (4 thousand minimum order). If not, I might have to find a different recipe for my 223. :P

I bought some from Powder Valley last week and it was 5000 minimum. :P Plus the price just keeps going up. I paid $17 a thousand last summer and now they're $21.25. :)

I really don't want to have to store 5000 primers, that will last me a couple of years probably. But, if that's the only way to get them....

Ben,You'll be busy for quite a while and having a lot of fun! :)

I just received 3000 from Midway along with the Lee Auto Prime hand Primer.After reading the manual, they say NOT to use federal primer with this hand primer. EXTREMELY UNSAFE!!!Is this for real guys? or they are trying to blow smoke up our a##?Anyone here using the Lee auto prime hand primer with Federal GM205M? Any Probelm???John,I know you hand prime your load. What are your using?Please advise.ThanksBen

Well, the Federal GM205M primer is the most powerful. That's why it's packaged the way it is in those bigger boxes with lots of space around each primer. They make them do that by law.I use an RCBS hand primer and will admit to one primer going off prematurely. :) If you uniform your primer pockets I don't see a problem as it lets the primer seat easier. But that's really something about a WARNING printed on the hand primer. :P

I checked Midway this morning and they had the 205M's on backorder. That's why I went with Powder Valley.
They didn't have any because someone you know bought their last 10,000 the other day. They arrived tonight by UPS. ;) Along with 16 pounds of H335 that FedEx dropped off earlier. :lol:FederalPrimers.jpg

LOL .... John is stocking up for a WAR !!!
No, well maybe. :lol: Squirrel WARS! ;) I just like that primer and so I've purchased a few thousand extra as of late. ;)