novaman64

Bambi, its whats for dinner

18 posts in this topic

Had some venison some steaks in the freezer that I pulled the other day. A friend of mine from Illinois told me a new way to make venison, so I figured Id give it a try last night. May sound a little weird, but they turned out amazing!About 4 hours before you are ready to cook them, throw them in a bowl and poor a coke on them, let them sit like that till you ready to cook, then pull them out, dip them in egg, flour them (I used flour, pepper, steak seasoning) and fry them up. Hot and fast is the best way to cook them, brown the flour and flip, brown the other side and serve, I like mine med rare in the middle. The taste is amazing, the meat is very tender and moist. Id recommend giving it a shot!

Sounds good. Now I need to get a deer this year so I can give your idea a try. :smiley-outta-here:

I was expecting to see a picture of a bambi....since it was in your title LOL. Anyhow, does that only work for bambi meat or for a grown buck as well LOL. I will be sure to give that recipe a try if I'm successful in fulfilling my tag this year.

Im gonna need to get a deer as well, all I have in the freezer is one steak and about 3lbs of ground venison left...The other way he recommended is to do all the same things but instead of flour to smash Captain Crunch cereal really small and use that. He said it sounds weird but tastes great...

Ive heard using coke on any meat that is kind of tough will make it tender.. Something in the coke breaks it down.. As for the rest of the recipe.. That is one of my favorites... add in some white country pepper gravy and OMG it is scrumpious..

Sounds good. Now I need to get a deer this year so I can give your idea a try. :roflmao3[1]:
I know this guy that makes hand calls. He may be able to make you a "Fawn Bleat" or a "Buck Grunt" type call. You should look him up and give it a try. He just made a beautiful call for my daughter and the sound is great! Here is his info............ :roflmao3[1]: CALLS BY BRAZOK this sounded like a good idea when it popped in my head but this business card with your e-mail address I am not sure if this is one you want me to post so I wont now. If it is OK I will edit my post and it will again be rip roaringly funny......

Something in the coke breaks it down...........Carbonic acid will break down the meat and make it more tender.

That sounds yummy. I'm gonna try that for sure.

I will give the coke a try. That is how I cook a lot of it any ways. Just never tried the coke before. I also trim all of sinew off before cooking. I never over cook it. I think that is one of the biggest mistakes people make with deer meat. It gets tuff if you over cook it. I like mine medium rare to rare.

Coke works great on any red meat. Pepsie works also any cola will work.

dang, tried it today with last years round steak, it was amazingly tender and flaverfull. thanks for the tip, im gonna try it on duck!

Hey Bambi is too tuff to kill . I tried for years. Just got his brothers.post-189-1252450838_thumb.jpg

Ground pineapple and ground Kiwi will tenderize meat if you let the meat soak in the fruit mash over night! Plus you get some flavor too. Teriyaki with fresh ground pineapple is great as a marinade!