Mauser

My new ?walking Varminter? !

16 posts in this topic

B) WOW thats a nice piece of wood and art. no way would I let any body come close with a can of paint. :lol: I wish I could do that. :(

The rifle looks great!

Mauser,What kind of wood is that?Steve
The kind of wood I used on this stock was Danish Laburnum as I have cut by myself about ten year ago. The Laburnum wood is nearly the same hardness as the Walnut, but have some extraordinary beautiful grain. The new carved stock is bright and yellow, but it`s getting darker by the years. :D Mauser

What kind of animals do you hunt in Denmark?
We didn?t got so many different species as you, but in Denmark it?s allowed to hunt:Animal: Rabbit ? Hare ? Stone Marten ? Mink ? Red fox ? Roebuck - Fallow deer ? Sika deer, and Red deer.Birds: Pheasant ? Partridge ? Wood pigeon - Hooded Crow ? Rook ? Magpie, and 20 different Ducks and Goose. Mauser

I've tried finding this wood on the internet but no luck. Is it possibly called something else here in the US?
Steve, it's there do a Google search for "Laburnum wood." I got lots of hits, maybe you misspelled it.

Mauser,I've tried finding this wood on the internet but no luck. Is it possibly called something else here in the US?
Mr MisterHere are a few links i found with information on the tree and some about the woodSearch ResultsLaburnumLaburnum Facts Very interesting looks like many different versions Robert