Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stiff Neck

Umbrelas

9 posts in this topic

For anybody that's interested, Coscto has 7-foot umbrelas for $14.99 in three colors. It's a beach style umbrela that sticks in the ground, and the whole thing breaks down into a tote bag about 4 feet long. A bonus is that it has a wind flap and the shaft can be tilted near the top to angle into the sun. It uses a "hammer" action to pound itself into soil etc by raising a handle in the center of the shaft and hammering it down, sorta like how you'd pound a barbed wire fence pole into the ground. Blue, blue/white stripes, rainbow stripes. SPF 125. ;) It appears to be decent quality.

Not that there is anything wrong with that :lol:remember that Seinfeld episode ...
I do and it is still funny.... ;)

this white boy burns too easy
Me too, which is why you need to pick up a two-pack of this for $11.99 while you're at Costco. It's aerosol sun screen. Well, it's not truly aerosol, it's pressurized continuous spray, no pumping.300.jpgIt's GREAT stuff, and easy to apply, no greasy hands etc. Very handy, good coverage. If you buy a single can at the grocery store you'll pay about $10 for just one can. So two for $12 is a fantastic deal.

As for the Costco umbrela, I've been looking around at Walmart and Longs Drugs etc and this one from Costco seems to be the best deal. I wonder how many cans of spray paint I'll need to camo it? ;)

Ben,Think that umbrella is high enough to shield a shooter sitting on a table? Did you buy it for your Cedarville run?If it wasn't too bulky and heavy, I would bring a pop up canopy to keep cool. I'm brown skinned, but still hurts to get burnt ;)

I haven't set it up yet, but it looks like it's tall enough. Plus it has a tilting shaft so you don't have to sit directly under the umbrela, you can sit to the side and angle the canopy to block the sun for you. Yep, it's for Cedarville and WY.

Ben,Thanks for the tip. Great find for $14.97. I picked one up today. I almost got one for you too Mark, but was wondering if you'd pick one up already (you did) :lol: