Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BC9696

Arrggg-DFG Regs

7 posts in this topic

I have been searching the dfg site for regs concerning the use of electyronic callers but their search engine sucks eggs! I need to familiarize myself with them...can anybody direct me to the regulations specific to using a FoxPro? TIA

I believe you are good with Coyotes, Bobcats and Crows.. Now foxes can be called in and shot while using an electronic call..

I believe you are good with Coyotes, Bobcats and Crows.. Now foxes can be called in and shot while using an electronic call..
I wanna have actual DFG regs on my person when hunting in case I run into anyone who challenges the legality of using a caller. Thus my desire for the link.

Recorded or electrically amplified bird or mammal calls or sounds or recorded or electrically amplified imitations of bird or mammal calls or sounds may not be used to take any nongame bird or nongame mammal except coyotes, bobcats, American crows and starlings.

Go to the DFG site http://www.dfg.ca.gov/regulations/ and open the Mammal Hunting Regulations. Then on page 44, section 475, you will find the quote that Shooter John posted above.

"Recorded or electrically amplified bird or mammal calls or sounds or recorded or electrically amplified imitations of bird or mammal calls or sounds may not be used to take any nongame bird or nongame mammal except coyotes, bobcats, American crows and starlings."Wow......What a bummer. Living that close to the border I'd think they allow you to shoot a few Mexican crows.