Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kevin Burroughs

Equipment bag contents

14 posts in this topic

I'm just getting back into predator hunting and have gone over what I think I need in my backpack. I'm also looking for suggestions.Caller, eletronic.Hand calls.Face masks, pullover and boonie hat net type. Spare in case of partner forgetting his.RadiosHand shears and multi tool.AmmoCammo glovesMovement decoy, I fidget and need to get the deke away from me.Shooting stick. I use a pole type that adjusts from 18in to 5 feet. Bino's, I love my small Stiners.Range finder, I always range the longest shot I might have to take.Head light, LED, its light.2 camo boat seats, they are thick and comfortable and clip on my pack.25ft camo cord.Point and shoot camera.Water and snackThis kit weighs in at about 25 pounds and I carry it in a frameless pack and is easy to carry. I can jump out of the truck or boat and be all set for hunting. With 2 guys we can split the load or add something.Anything that I am missing that doesn't weigh a ton ?. Should I toss in a small piece of camo net ?.-----------kevin------------

Toilet paper!

You forgot the Sherpa to pack it around for you. And as mentioned by dabob, mountain money, ie toilet paper..

I added mountain money, a small first aid kit with super glue stuff for cuts, and I already had rubber gloves in my kit.I hunt rivers quite a bit so I added some deet spray.Why do ants always have a nest where I want to set up at.It weighs in at 21lbs ready to go hunting.------------kevin-----------

Isn't the deet gonna make it a lot easier to smell ya? I keep water proof medical tape in mine for blisters on my sensitive tootsies.

I don't care what you smell like your not going to keep a downwind coyote from smelling you. I'm don't believe in all that scent blocking stuff.Keep them up wind of you or they will get scent of you.------------kevin----------

How about some method of starting a fire? Light, cheap, the sort of thing you'll almost certainly never need but will be really glad for if you do.

I use a turkey vest for all hunting, it has TP. license. handi wipes, small knife and maglight, bic lighter, small compass, small bino's, garbage bag, water purifacation tablets, depending on what i'm hunting will add a couple things, hand calls, game tags, sounds like a lot but can hold it all 1 hand maybe weights 3 pounds its always loaded ready to go, if I have gun, ammo, and vest i'm ready to go. when I started hunting 35 or 40 years ago, I thought I needed to have it all, now if it won't fit in the pocket of my vest I don't want to carry it and in all those years never needed it, Dave