Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hot Brass

Binoculars/what do you use?

12 posts in this topic

I want a pair of binos for varmint and gen hunting. What do you use? Power, brand, etc.$300 is my limit.

Binoculars are like scopes or any optics for that matter, you get what you pay for. I would suggest buying something of higher quality than your $300 limit. I understand times are tough but good glass isn't cheap and good glass makes all of the difference in a good binocular. Once you look through a good pair you will never go back. Plus higher end binos mostly have exceptional warranties and many cover breakage even if it's your fault.

Stiener

I want a pair of binos for varmint and gen hunting. What do you use? Power, brand, etc.$300 is my limit.
I use Nikon Monarch 10 x 42. Less than 300 bucks and good glass for the price. Use cheap glass and after a little bit of glassing you will likely have a nice headache. Google camera land ny, guy named Doug will give you a good deal on their stuff.

+1 on the Monarchs, I hunt in the thick stuff so I use 8x, IMHO you can beat your meat but you can't beat Nikon optics

+2 on Monarchs. 10X42's. Best glass you can get for under $300.

I almost bought a pair of Nikon Monarchs at the Visalia Sportsman Warehouse but the rep told me to hold off until I could look through a pair of Vortex Diamondbacks. He said lots of folks are buying the Vortex DB`s over the Monarchs. Anyone use Vortex DB`s?

Vortex Bino's are awesome - after alot of reviews comparing them to Swarovski and Zeiss over on the archery forums, I bought a pair. I went full boogie and bought the top of the line Razors ($700) and love them. The image through them really does compare to my buddies Swaro's - and over a grand cheaper. Admittedly the Swaro's are brighter and gather light better at first light and just at dark, but for the huge savings and only a slightly darker view I'll happily live with it. The warranty and service can't be beat also.

Do it right do it ONCE.......sworo...lica...just my 2 pennies