fyrewil

What scope do you have on your 17 HMR

15 posts in this topic

No need to reinvent the wheel....I would rather learn from someones else experience to what works and what does not work on the 17HMR'sStay away from.......This scope works great, it is a ...........Thank you in advance for your input.

Bushnell Banner 6-18x50mm AO Works great for $120.

I'm not a fan of any 50mm scope, particularly on a rimfire rifle.I don't even like the added bulk and diameter of an AO scope, but they do serve a useful purpose on rimfire guns.I'm very pleased with the Mueller APV. 4-14x40mm. Don't think you'll find anything better for $115 delivered. I think it is a perfect match for my .17 hmr. Probably overkill on the .22 LR, but hey, it is a great scope. I like Nikon scopes for the money as well, but IMHO the Mueller has a Prostaff scope beat hands down.

I also have a Meuller 4-16x50mm Illuminated Tactical and it is on a 22 rimfire. Great scope and I shoot at dusk from my deck frequently.... It' was $220 though. The 50mm only helps at the highest magnification in the lowest light but it does add to the weight as does the illumination (but i really like it). It would be dandy on the 17HMR. Stay away from the cheap Chinese stuff (Barska's, etc).I should also mention Swift scopes as also a best bang for the buck. Not sure of your budget.http://www.swift-sportoptics.com/products/hunting/SRP687M

I have several Muellers now, I like them for the price. They are the way to go from squeeks to coyotes.db

I love my BSA 6 x24 Conquest. I just wish they made the stainless with Mill Dot.

I have a Leopould 12X40 fine crosshair on mine because I already had it. Great scope but a variable power would be much better.

on my cz 452 17 hmr, i have a bushnell banner 3.5x10 17hmr...with the bullet trajectory thina ma jig...i like it..glenn

I'd look at the Nikon Buckmasters in either 4-14x or 6-18x. Very happy with several of mine and a lot of bang for the buck. No pun intended.

Weaver V16, does good.