BullsEye

So how do you cook your Kangaroo?

11 posts in this topic

I bought some Kangaroo steak from Harmony Farms the other day along with some antelope sausage. The sausage was amazing!!! Anyway I was wondering if you folks had some ideas for Kangaroo. Its supposed to be like beef but a lot less fat. Thanks. :roflmao3[1]:

You can't go wrong smoking it. I think you could smoke an old boot and it would taste good!

I lived in Aussie for a bit over 2 years while I was photographing wildlife. I only had it ground as a burger. I didn't see it served any other way. It might be that it will be a tougher meat. Let us know how you do. I usually always pull out the pressure cooker or crock pot when I have questionable tenderness in the meat to be served.db

Well I had the kangaroo the other day. I put a little salt and pepper on the loins and seared them in olive oil with garlic. Once the meat was a dark brown I braised it in some cabernet till the wine cooked down and served it with baby roasted sweet peppers and asparagus with a garlic aioli. It was awesome!!! It tasted like a cross of venison and beef.

Typical of Kalifornia - I can buy kangaroo meat, but when I want to order a nice kangaroo leather shooting glove for my longbow - Nooooo! No shipping to our glorious state...

My wife makes it into a meatloaf, then she slices the loaf up and makes it into burger sized slices adds a piece of cheese on top and cooks it long enough to melt the cheese. Places it on a burger bun and makes a different tasting type of buger that is out of this world!!!!

I had it off a grill. It was ok, but was still tough.
The meat I had was super tender didn't need a knife at all. But I like my meat bloody and moving on my plate too.