Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crazyhorse

Back to the squirrels....

6 posts in this topic

Whacked five today at my friends ranch.....Took this one from 42 yards...right in the shoulder...14.3 JSB...Ranch001.jpgIf you look close you can see 4 squeeks on top of the rocks...I have to wait for them to get on the ground so to avoid a ricochet towards a house. I got one young squeek there from 56 yds.... (My camera battery run down so no more pics..)My buds horse stays quiet while I'm dinging squirrels...never gets exicited..Ranch002.jpg

Rich I've seen that rock pile before in another posting of yours. Looks like it is a regular condo complex for the squeeks. :roflmao3[1]:

That's true...I can cover his property from under a big pepper tree shooting in several directions.....and those rocks are a "regular" target...I had pretty much cleaned out the squirrels, but now the young ones are coming out...so I missed a few breeders...LOL...It is a condo...cottontails live there too...but got to watch them grow up now till July...LOL

I see the ones on the rock. I do believe they are in very great danger. :o Nice shooting with that Disco. :signs1180lq:
Thanx..Those young ones are small..have to aim carefully.....noticed they have like a white collar around their necks...been use to shooting the more mature squeeks and had not seen that before..I'm still trying for that elusive "100 yard" squirrel.....just have not had a shot on one that far yet with the Disco......got one with my 850 .177 at 70 yards....longest one yet.....and conditions were near perfect...no wind..lol..