mackeralboy

Airgun grand slam

9 posts in this topic

After reading Butcher45's awsome coyote story, I got to thinking. There is a grand slam for big game hunting with a firearm and with a bow, why not have a grand slam for air rifle hunting?My thinking is two different air gun categories, Big bore and small bore. Small bore would be anything .25 caliber and smaller. Big bore would be anything larger than this. Here's some ideas for the small bore grand slam hit list:Cotton tail, Jack rabbit,Ground squirrelTurkeyRaccoonPossumSkunkCrowQuailDoveWoodchuck/ MarmotFor large bore, pretty much any of the California big game speices, coyotes and bobcats.It's just an idea. Thought it would give us airheads something to shoot for. :two-cents: Mc

I have that grand slam. Most taken with my old Sheridan Silver Streak. But you can't shoot dove with anything but a shotgun, legally. :good:

Well...I have these so far:Cotton tail...15Ground squirrel..over 100Crow...5

Like John...My old Sheridan (Blue Streak) has taken some of them crittters:Cotton tails, red, gray and fox squirrels, crows, doves, and a single woodchuck. I sure wish NC had a air gun turkey season...That sounds like fun.

As I can best recollect here what is on my list so farTurkey Cotton tail Ground squirrel Gray squirrel Mocking bird PigeonCrowSkunkRattlesnakeStarling

Hey Mackboy...Ya added a few to your list there :roflmao3[1]: Pigeons and starlings by the bushel...I had a mockingbird in Arkansas that was so tempting to shoot each morning at about 4AM...but rigged up some empty beer cans in the tree outside our bedroom window and attached some cord and tied that to the bed rail. I couldn't wait for him to show up that next morning and he was right on time. It was more fun than putting a 5mm into him :signlol2iu:

I've tossed around the "Grand Slam" idea. I need to work on getting more species legalized for bigbores up[ here in Oregon. Up here, I would definitely add nutria to the smallbore list.For bigbores, the fur-bearers would all make the list (though personally, I don't really want to shoot an otter). Badger, and feral hogs would be the tough ones for sure up here. Hard to find.