Shoot-it

Big 5 savage 93r17

22 posts in this topic

I went too big 5 tonight I checked out their savage 17 hmr. I like the wood model has a bull barrel going for 209.00 I noticed it doesn't have the accrue trigger I had the manager take the trigger lock off to make sure.The trigger is not split so its not adjustable right? WHY is that I thought they all had that trigger set up.

No, I don't think that model comes with the accu trigger. I will try to bring one tomorrow and you can see what a Rifle Basix sear will do for it.

I could have sworn that the wood models have an Accutrigger? They usually have a red stick near the trigger stating that it has the Accutrigger. Big 5 puts those Savages on sale for $199 if you want to wait and save $10 :angry:

Your looking at last years model. According to the Savage website all 17's come with the Accu-Trigger. I would pass and get the newer model.

What rr762mmfmj said:All the new models come with Accutrigger.They are still selling the old model at the new model price

What rr762mmfmj said:All the new models come with Accutrigger.They are still selling the old model at the new model price
well then i will wait or look some where else if i can get the accutrigger for that price.wood bull barrel for around 200 sounds good too me well cheap wood but i don't care.

I just picked up left handed 93 witht the wood stock, bull barrel and Accutrigger for $200. They are out there; maybe Big 5 would order it for you?DSC_2844.jpg

I just picked up left handed 93 witht the wood stock, bull barrel and Accutrigger for $200. They are out there; maybe Big 5 would order it for you?
The B % here in Citrus Heights won't order them. The just stock whatever the main office orders.db

Shoot-it, River City Gun Exchange up here in Sacramento will order them if they don't have them in stock. Their number is 916-428-0377 so you can call. They've got good prices on their stuff too.

Johnny Go see Dave @ Sierra guns on Carpenter Rd. ph 5441911. He's a good guy and will order whatever you want at a decent price and save driving too far.

Dale's probably right I don't know the shops in your area. So I'm sure that would be a better choice.

John The only reason I brought it up is with gas at $3+ and having to make two trips one to buy and one to pickup from jail, plus the time it takes driving, saving a few bucks one way or the other is no big deal. Johnny you could try Bilson's in Turlock or there used to be a shop in Los Banos as an alternative. The shops will deal if you tell them you're going to go check out Big 5, even if you are bluffing. JMHO

Hay thanks for your help guys I will check Serra out Bilsons I am sure they won't have a savage for 200 they mostly carry the higher end stuff like laminated stocks etc. I am in no hurry......... :unsure:

John The only reason I brought it up is with gas at $3+ and having to make two trips one to buy and one to pickup from jail, plus the time it takes driving, saving a few bucks one way or the other is no big deal.
I agree Dale, I just didn't know any of the stores in your area but knew the place I mentioned carried them. I agree whole heartedly with driving less and saving more. That translates into more ammo for John. :lol:

These fuel prices are INSANE! What are the reasons for it now?
I think the technical term is "BECAUSE THEY CAN!" :lol:

This fuel price jump is nuts. I am seriously considering parking the diesel truck and buying something that is a little better on gas.

They are "speculating" that fuel prices will reach $4-$5 a gallon in June!

That's sick
I thought "sick" meant cool? :P Am I behind the curve on these terms? :rolleyes: