big jon

pix of my 1886 45-70

16 posts in this topic

This is my 1886 the first hog i got with this was at 40 yards it was the first tme i ever saw a pig roll over from the impact of the 300gr hp i use,everything i shot with this gun has gone down with one round and no looking arond for a blood trailIM003971.jpg

I bet its not to easy on the shoulder is it?
well its not all that bad,but dose take some getting use to,more so when i shoot the 405gr sp, or the 500gr lead bullets,however my 9 year old nefew dose shoot it,but he shoots my brothers 50 too

well its not all that bad,but dose take some getting use to,more so when i shoot the 405gr sp, or the 500gr lead bullets,however my 9 year old nefew dose shoot it,but he shoots my brothers 50 too
Yeah, but that .50 was on a mount! I didn't know he liked the .45/70. I'll have to take my Winchester out next time we shoot too...Here he is shooting the M2HB last Christmas:christmas2005_az.jpg

Gentleman, Let me tell you all that, that thing is awsome, I've probably put 100,000 rounds down range with one of those guns. I use to be a Infantry/ Machine gun instructor, and thats all I did was fire machine guns.Ryan Woody

Gentleman, Let me tell you all that, that thing is awsome, I've probably put 100,000 rounds down range with one of those guns. I use to be a Infantry/ Machine gun instructor, and thats all I did was fire machine guns.Ryan Woody
Yes!It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it! (even on the civi side) :Pm2hb_10.jpg

Actually, I probably put more than that I'm thinking 5 yrs in the Corps, I would honestly say close to Millionand loved every single bit of it. The funny part is that isn't even the Machine gun I specialized in LOL, I specialized in a 240G (G=golf). Now that I've shot over million rounds for sure. I'd go though 10,000 in about 15 mins.Ryan Woody

Thats my baby, 24.2 pounds 650 to 950 rounds down range per min. Change barrels every two mins. Man I loved that thing! and sure to $hit I miss it!Ryan Woody

That is the Dry weight. The belts of ammo are approx. 8 pounds each. I think the belts were in 100 round strainds, but very easy to connect together. The trigger pull was approx. 3 to 5 rounds each. about every 2 seconds it was really cool when you would put two guns together. We would try to make talking guns. #1gun 3-5 rd burst, #2gun 3-5 rd burst so on and so on.Ryan Woody

That's one monster round!
Jon's is a carbine length Browning... too hard on me! I once had an early Marlin 'Guide Gun', before they added the porting... that thing was a shoulder buster! Especially with the 405gr loads. I sold it off after only 1 box of ammo.I ended up buying a full-sized, crecent stock, octagonal bbl Winchester (USRA) re-issue. That one is a real pleasure to shoot. ;) It's the gun that got me interested in shooting big-bore rifles at long ranges! Unfortunately, it's been packed away the last three years since I moved, and I've mostly been shooting the .50bmg stuff.You guys at least inspired me to dig it out of the vault for a pic! :angry: Now, where'd I put that .45/70 ammo!win1886_00.jpg