Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crazyhorse

Bagged a crow...

11 posts in this topic

This one landed on a telephone wire 30 yards from my pepper tree hide...never knew what hit him..fell limp to ground...think he was a scout/lookout as thee were no other crows around...LOL..850 Magnum CO@ .177 shooting AA Diabolo Fields...8.4 gr..Squirrels085.jpgSquirrels086.jpg

Sweeet getting the scout is always the best the others are nieve to there loss . Missed getting a shot at one this AM it was a small one and i mistaken it for a grackle so i took my time sipping java, mistake when i got down to scoping him a crow flew away . He was only 20 yds out i my closest tree small one he will be back Seeing yours there lifts my spirts as i missed an opportunity

Is that a crow or a raven?

Is that a crow or a raven?
Pretty sure it is a Crow...I've seen Ravens,and they are much larger....Comparisons...Physical Differences: Crows average around 17 inches long, and ravens about 24-27. (The one I shot was 16" long...)A raven weighs about four times that of a crow. Crows have a wing span around 2.5 ft., and ravens about 3.5-4 ft. A raven's wing sometimes makes a prominent "swish, swish" sound, while a crow's wingbeat is usually silient.Ravens have pointed wings, while crows have a more blunt and splayed wing tip. Crows have a fan-shaped tail (squared-off), while raven tails are long and wege-shaped. Besides having a bigger, more powerful bill, a raven's bill is curved, while a crow has a more-or-less flat bill. Additionally, atop a raven's bill is a tuft of hairs absent on crows.

But you still shot it on a telephone line shame shame shame now go to bed with out dinner :good: Good shot. You know your crows from ravens. :lol:

Good job Rich. One less crow is always a good thing.

Nice Job!!!!What time for CROW Soup? :two-cents: