SCTrojanHunter

Jeep or ATV???

38 posts in this topic

I've got an old 80' CJ-5 and a 12 yr. old Honda quad. I like the CJ for putting around the bak roads on its own or I have it set up with a RV toad puller that allow me tow it behind my pickup. The jeep hooks up or un hooks in a matter of a few minutes. The jeep I paid $2500 10 years ago (Cheaper than the quad) and I don't want to guess how many squirrels I've shot out of it. I do have a nice tilt trailer for the quad which makes it very easy for loading etc. but it is not as comfortable and shady as the jeep. If I'm working some recently irrigated pasture the quad is a must have as the jeep is too heavy and farmers don't like rutts.

So exactly how ATV unfriendly is CA now? How do ya know where it's okay to ride an ATV and where it's not?

there are maps telling where u can go. Hey, Ive been in deeper snow then that on the quad lol. but I froze my butt off, after you freeze then your okay can't feel the cold anymore lol.

.....Reason is back there in the real world quads will get you into places no jeep will go.....
But it's illegal to drive a quad on a paved main road when moving from one hunting spot to another and in most places it's illegal to get off a trail with a quad anyway so actually the jeep will go where no quad can go. :good: Get a beater jeep that you wont mind scratching and it'll go wherever you need to go........plus you can haul out an elk or a few hogs in one trip if you ever have to.

That's messed up. Those pinheads who dream up these rules need a serious injection of common sense. Does anyone think an ATV is really going to do more damage than a Jeep? :smiley_kewlpics:

Yep, they do more damage. When a 4wheel drive ATV turn, the off wheel tears up the road. We have that problem at our camp all the time.

Jeeps sink as do all big and heavy vehicles. So, what ever little rut is made by a atv will never compare to monster lol

Nice Kart!!

If you want a jeep here's one for sale
Any details

Any details
This is a smog exempt 6 cyl that looks and runs great. I have owned it for 8 years and bought it from a friend that bought it 10 years before that, so I know alot of the history of this jeep. The only reason I'm selling it is because my family is getting too big so I want to get an xj (cherokee)for the extra room. It has a dana 44 rear axle with a lockright locker. bed liner interior, full cage, rear seat, 5 point belts, full soft top and safari top with full and 1/2 doors, off road lights, cb, custom bumpers and jamboree rack,2-1/2" lift with good 31"tires. I'm asking 4500 obo, Thanks, Ron