Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zippy1970

Ruger Red Label 20ga

9 posts in this topic

well here are the pic of the newest toy . took freakin' 40 days wait for this one . thats because the shop i bought it from hold it , any , firearm for 30 days before they will dros it . plus the 10 days . it shoots soo nice . but it does feel like a toy to me that why its going to be my gf's gun . just need to get the stock shortened . it is skeet x skeetpost-3-1313337448.jpg

I have a 20 gauge Red Label with the stainless steel receiver and it's heavier than most 20 O/U's. With the 3" chamber you don't give up much to a 2 3/4" 12 gauge. I've killed a bunch of duck with mine. I think I'd marry this girl before cutting the stock. You just never know.

well here are the pic of the newest toy . took freakin' 40 days wait for this one . thats because the shop i bought it from hold it , any , firearm for 30 days before they will dros it . plus the 10 days . it shoots soo nice . but it does feel like a toy to me that why its going to be my gf's gun . just need to get the stock shortened . it is skeet x skeet
Nice looking gun Andy.Why does the dealer hold the gun for 40 days? :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: Ed

Hi Ed not sure if its a law in la county or what but they hold them for 30 days for a record check on the gun . ! example of what I am talking about is on Turners.com look under consignment guns and you will see that the tags on the guns say " dnd " then a date . the dnd stands for " don not dros " . I got there the day it went up . that was the 1st 30 , then the 10 day wait . thats 40 in my book . Moe , I notice that too . my beretta 12 ga is as light as it . the 20 has more feel of a youth gun to me . was going to rty that route too with a 12ga but she still does not like the recoil of Winchester 26 gram load . it doea not say 3,3 1/2 or max dram . But she did shoot better with the 20 with #8 field loads I tried to explain the shot size , shot patterns , powder charge ,..... but that all went out the window . I bought it for her because I just cant buy a pink 10/22 !!!!!!!! that she wants .Andy

DON'T CUT THE STOCK!!!! Find a GF with longer arms. Nice gun. The 20ga. O/U will have as much or more felt recoil as a gas operated 12 ga. using a similar hi base or low base type shell.

Ruger Red label in 28 ga is even better! lighter and kill better than 20ga
Maybe you would care to give us a scientific explanation of how they do that?

Hi Ed not sure if its a law in la county or what but they hold them for 30 days for a record check on the gun . ! example of what I am talking about is on Turners.com look under consignment guns and you will see that the tags on the guns say " dnd " then a date . the dnd stands for " don not dros " . I got there the day it went up . that was the 1st 30 , then the 10 day wait . thats 40 in my book .
When an FFL purchases a gun they need to hold on to it for 30 days before drosing it so that the police can make sure that it hasn't been used in a crime. After that 30 day period the firearm can be sold. If the gun where consignment then you buy it and wait 10 days only. Thats what I was told when I worked for Turners. But I am not a lawyer nor do I pretend to be one this is just FYI. =)Nice gun hope you take down plenty of clay with it.