Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Craig J

Soooo What Do You Have On Top Of Your 223?

28 posts in this topic

I have one of these:http://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?content...rodID=BH883940MSame scope as the 3200 Elite for about half the price. ;)I also have on on my Tikka .243

Rem 700 - Leupold VX-III 6.5-20X 40MM DuplexXP-100 - Burris 3-12X 32 MM handgun duplex

I'm almost to embarased to say......BSA 6-24x40 mil dot. :welcomeani: It.s been a good scope though so I never swaped it out. I have a cabelas pine ridge 6-18x44 target dot on my .17 rem. I'm not wild about the target dot reticle but it's also been a good scope. A leupold VXII 3-9x40 is on my lightweight .22-250. I haven't had it long enough to make a judgment on it. My .17 hmr and my 25-06 both wear burris 3-9x40 fullfield II scopes. In my opinion they are the best scope per dollar on the market.

On my Remy R-15 sits a Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42mm with Fine Multi-x rets., on my home defense Stag Arms AR-15 sits a Eotech 557 Holographic sight with a Eotech 3x power magnifier behind it and on my range competition Stag Arms Super Varminter sits a Leopold Mk4 6.5-20x50mm Tactical scope with Mil-Dots. On my CZ527 (squirrel killer) sits a Barska Tactical 6-20x50mm with illuminated Mil-Dots.

I have a Burris Fullfield II in 4-12X with the Varminter reticle on one and open sights on the others but they're all flat tops so I can swap them around.

I've got several Nikons and no bad ones yet. But then the only scope I've had real problems with in the last several years was a Sweet 17. Couldn't send it back fast enough. I think as long as you buy a quality scope you are pretty safe. I seem to have every sort of cross hair made and they all do well for what they were designed for.

Craig, my favorite predator hunting scope by far is the 3x9 Zeis, Conquest, Zplex. I have 2! Incredible eye relief, field of view, resolution, light gathering & great crosshairs, like no other in that class. And I've owned TONS of Leupolds; still have a couple and of course they are quality scopes. But they're not a Zeiss & for approx the same price / class / model of scope. Bear Basin Outfitters usually has good prices on their optics and free shipping when over $250 order. I am always amazed how few use Zeiss. Especially for $400!Good LuckFrankp.s. there are lots of good scopes, so am sure whatever you go with will work fine. I'm also a fan of Nikon

I have not had any problems with my nikons yet! shooting them for about 3 years. +1 on the sweet 17 mine hit the trash can after about 3 outings.

Rem Mod 700 VSSF Leupold VX III 6.5-20x50mm LR Varment Reticle. It is a accurate combo. :roflmao3[1]:

Burris FullField II, on almost everything, good scopes for the money.I use the Ballistic plex reticle, and once you get to know your bullet drop long range shots get alot easier.,,300wsm

Rem 700 compact tatical nikon monarch gold 2,5 X 10 X 56 mmmini 14 trijicon 3 X 9 X 40 red ^

Bushnell trophy series mil dot 3x9. In the areas I shoot it works perfect. Had it a few years now and love it. Dirt cheap. Have it on top of my Savage 12FVSS

Savage 10fp-Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40sf Mil-dot. Tikka Lite T-3 Leupold 3-9x40

Burris FullField IICause I have kids that keep me poor. Good scope for the price but it's Sad considering I really know how to use a mildot.

I had a BSA Panther on my Howa Ranchland Compact .223, in about week this will all change. I decided to spring for a Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15x40 Multi-X which I just ordered today from "theopticzone" for $279.00 plus shipping.